The NGWA awards ceremony brings together the entire Groundwater Expo community to celebrate those individuals who represent the industry’s best and brightest.
Join us Wednesday, December 10, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. as we honor these extraordinary individuals during the Opening Session.
NGWA award recipients are chosen based on their for outstanding contributions through service, innovation, research, safety, and outstanding projects of scientific and technological importance affecting the growth and well-being of the groundwater industry.
Long-time NGWA member W. Richard Laton, Ph.D., PG, CHG, CPG, has received the Association’s top honor as the recipient of the Ross L. Oliver Award for outstanding contributions to the groundwater industry. Laton is an associate professor of hydrogeology at California State University, Fullerton.
The other 2014 NGWA award recipients follow.
Awards of Excellence
- Fred Molz, Ph.D., research professor and distinguished scientist emeritus at Clemson University, Anderson, South Carolina — M. King Hubbert Award for major contributions to groundwater science
- Henry Baski, Baski Inc., Englewood, Colorado; Richard Henkle, Garden City, Kansas; Steven P. Maslansky, Maslansky GeoEnvironmental, Prescott, Arizona — Life Member Awards
- James Rumbaugh, Environmental Simulations Inc., Reinholds, Pennsylvania — Technology Award
- The late Ralph Cadwallader, Loop Tech International Inc., Crabbs Prairie, Texas; Miami Conservancy District, Dayton, Ohio — Special Recognition Awards
- U.S. Senator Rob Portman (R-Ohio) — Groundwater Protector Award
- Beverly L. Herzog, Champaign, Illinois — Standard Bearer Award
Outstanding Groundwater Project Award
- Essential Management Solutions LLC, former Herington, Kansas, Army Air Base Project — Groundwater Remediation Award
- Paul Barlow, Ph.D., U.S. Geological Survey, Northborough, Massachusetts, and Stanley Leake, U.S. Geological Survey, Tucson, Arizona — John Hem Award for significant scientific or engineering contributions to the understanding of groundwater
- W. Richard Laton, Ph.D., PG, CHG, CPG, California State University, Fullerton, Santa Ana, California — Keith E. Anderson Award for outstanding contributions to NGWA’s Scientists and Engineers Division
- Kris Jackson, Pentair, Delevan, Wisconsin — Manufacturers Division Special Recognition Award
- Mark Durham, Gicon Pumps & Equipment Ltd., Abernathy, Texas — Supplier of the Year Award
Read more about NGWA awards, which honor the best of the best in the groundwater industry.